In This Issue
- Parallels Between Death Investigators and Homicide Survivors
- Some might say a photo of death scene investigators and survivors of homicide would be like- oil and water. They’d insist the groups on either side of the yellow tape have little in common. We beg to differ. Using her experience as a “homicide survivor” and as a psychologist, Dr. Jan Canty shows you how the two are more alike than you might think.
- How Designer Drugs, and the Opioid Epidemic, are Affecting Modern Forensic Practice
- Dr. Judy Melinek discusses how emerging designer drugs are a headache for forensic pathologists. Routine toxicology may not even detect them, and if there’s enough of the more common drug in the sample, then it can camouflage the novel compound.
- Psychological Autopsies Equivocal Deaths and Suicides
- A psychological autopsy is most often referenced in relation to an equivocal death investigation. In making clear the circumstances of death, it is important to develop this victimology. Part of the purpose is to determine if the elements of suicide exist or not.
- Domestic Violence Murders: Current Challenges and Trends
- Much has transitioned since criminological professionals started studying domestic-related murders and their motives. The statistics reflect the reality of this violence and causes us to beg the question of whether a new and more innovative policing approach can reduce these incidences.
- What are you bringing home with you
- Do you ever really know what dangers you are bringing home with you after shift or after a call. When we know or suspect something bad we take precautions, but what about when we don’t know?
About Death Investigator
A digital magazine focused on the death investigation community. Dedicated to improving skills and enriching lives of investigators. Serving a wide range of professions; coroners, medical examiners, police, pathologist, pathology assistants, forensic nurses, private investigators, and more.
Category: Careers, Education, Medical, Personal Development
Publisher: Death Investigator
Tap images to enlarge...
About The Publisher
Many magazines are distributed every month directed at law enforcement in general. Lacking in the industry are publications focusing on the jobs and lives of...
Tap below for more from Death Investigator